Did you know the World Health Organization found that your heart rate drops after just 20 minutes of quitting smoking tobacco?
• Within 12 hours, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
• Within 2–12 weeks, your circulation improves and lung function increases.
• Within 1–9 months, coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
• Within 5–15 years, your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker.
• Within 10 years, your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker.
• Within 15 years, your risk of heart disease is that of a non-smoker.
Unlike many other conditions, smoking is a condition that can cause reversible damage to many organ systems in the body. With time and dedication, you can reverse a lot of the damage that smoking causes to the body and return to a non-smoker state!
On No Tobacco Day, we challenge you and your loved ones to put down the cigarette for one day, and tell us about how you feel after!
Thinking about quitting for good or have questions about quitting smoking? We here at Moose Pharmacy are happy to answer any and all questions you may have about quitting, smoking or any other tobacco product.
Need resources to help you quit? Moose Pharmacy offers a variety of smoking cessation products and counseling sessions to help you on the path of quitting. Call or stop by any of our 7 locations and ask a pharmacist today about ways to quit for good!
We are dedicated to providing the highest quality pharmacy services to our patients.
We want each patient’s visit to be even better than expected.
We believe we have only one reason for existing, and that is to serve our patients.